Updated: February 17, 2015
Welcome to Aimless -- The app that allows you to Anonymously share images with the world around you from Moo Digital, Inc. (“Aimless,” “we,” “us” or “our”).
Through the Service, you can anonymously share pictures and other content (“Posts”) with other users of the Service. When you share a Post through the app, you are anonymously sharing your Post with the entire Aimless community each time you access our Service who also register with our Service. In addition, each time a user “loves” a Post, that Post is added to our trending algorithm and so on. Posts may be anonymously shared with all users of the Service.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you directly give us. For example, we collect information about you when you sign up for our Service, make a Post, give feedback about the Service or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your photos that you have posted, liked, flagged or shared and any other information you choose to provide. If you choose not to provide certain information, we may not be able to provide the Service to you or certain features of the Service may be unavailable or work differently.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Service
When you access or use our Service, we automatically collect information about you. This information is solely used by us for debugging and analytical purposes (e.g., to enhance the Service), and it includes:
· Log Information: We log information about your use of the Service, including the type of access times, IP address, Posts viewed, Shared, Flagged and Posts “loved.” This data is stored permanently.
· Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access our Service, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information. This data is not stored, and only used to determine the version of your client in order to best visual experience.
· Location Information: We may collect information about the general location of your Internet Service Provider based on your IP Address. If you allow Aimless to access your location information, we may also collect your geolocation information. We may use this information to show you Posts from users who are located near you and to show your Posts to users who are nearby.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
· Provide, maintain and improve our Service;
· Provide and deliver the Service you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations;
· Send you technical notices, updates, confirmations, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
· Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
· Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by Aimless and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
· Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Service and improve and personalize the Service;
· Personalize and improve the Service and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests; and
· Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
Storage of Information
Sharing of Information
· With other users of the Service (including some whom may not be your contacts) by providing them with your Aimless Posts and your general location (if you have enabled us to collect your location).
We may also share information (which may at times include personal information) about you as follows:
· With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
· In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Aimless assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
· In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
· If the content of a Post can reasonably be considered illegal or unlawful (or it seems like the Post is being used to engage in, encourage or promote such activities), in which case we may report your identity to proper authorities in order to protect the rights, property and safety of Aimless, our users and/or others; and
· With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Service that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
How We Respond to Subpoenas from Courts
While we make it difficult to do so, it is still technically possible for us to connect your Posts with your email address, phone number, or other personal data you have provided to us. This means that if a court asks us to disclose your identity, we may be compelled to do so. If we do happen to receive a subpoena or court order requesting that we disclose your information, we will attempt contact you if reasonably feasible before we disclose any information to give you time to fight the subpoena in court. In the United States, you may be able to fight the subpoena on the basis that it violates your First Amendment right to speak anonymously.
International Users and other countries
Aimless participates in the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor and U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor programs, and it adheres to the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor and U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Privacy Principles regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Aimless has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. For more information about the Safe Harbor program, visit the Department of Commerce’s Safe Harbor page. If you have concerns about our compliance with the Safe Harbor program, you should contact us at email@example.com. If you are unable to resolve your concern or dispute with us, you may submit complaints to JAMS for mediation pursuant to the JAMS International Mediation Rules.
We take reasonable measures to protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
Retention of Personal Information
Push Notifications and Alerts
With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Accessing and Correcting Information about You.
You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to know what personal information we hold about you or to correct any such information that is not accurate, complete or up to date.
You can restrict Aimless’s collection of contact by changing your phone’s privacy settings. On iPhone, go to Settings > Privacy > Contacts and switch Aimless to “Off.”
You can restrict Aimless’s collection of geolocation information by changing your phone’s privacy settings. On iPhone, go to Settling > Privacy > Location, and switch Aimless to “Off.”